Conferences: Meet in my office, Corbin 258
1. Write: Reflective Introduction draft 1.
500 words (2 pages)
Refer to the Reflective Introduction section of the Final Portfolio instructions
Use the General Invention Prompts at end of Reflective Intro section
Be specific. Refer to Writ 101 concepts and practices.
Here is a list of steps in the reflection process, and questions to use to help you reflect.
Bring two copies to conference.
2. Write: Taking Stock 11 to identify artifacts related to revision:
a. Review your working folder for evidence that you have practiced revision as it has been defined or described––that is, making global or large-scale changes involving adding, deleting, or moving chunks of text with purpose. (Effectiveness, meaning, ideas)
b. Where can you demonstrate your effort to revise? Write a short response to share with others about your understanding of revision, the efforts to revise that you found in your working folder, and your goals for revising your inquiry projects.
c. Bring one copy to conference.
3. Postwrite: 1) Top priorities for revision; 2) top priorities for portfolio, 3) Any questions or concerns you have about introduction or portfolio
4. Continue working on inquiry project revisions.
5. Continue working on portfolio artifact choices and organization
For Thurs., May 1
1. Revise LPE: Use one or more of the strategies from the handout and/or EAA.
a. Plan for revision. Identify issues and strategies to address them. Prioritize.
b. Do a “Save As” and rename your document (ex: “PAE Revised”)
c. Revise header
d. Start with the most important issue
e. Use strategies at end of EAA chapters read for the unit and Revision Strategies handout
2. Write: Post-write:
a. What revision strategy(ies) did you try?
b. Why did you choose this one? What were trying to address? Why did you think this was best way to do so?
c. How did it go?
3. Continue working on your Reflective Introduction
4. Continue revising your inquiry projects.
5. Continue organizing and planning your portfolio
Bring to class:
- Post-write to turn in
- Three copies of your revised LPE for workshop
- Questions about my comments, revision, or the portfolio