1. Read and annotate chapters 3, 15 and 16 from EAA
2. Invention: choose two strategies listed on page 26 and explore possible topics for the PAE.
3. Invention: list six possible topics and a question for each topic:
- With the assignment description and criteria in mind, choose your six favorite topics, so far. Make a list. For each topic, list a question you have about it.
- Topic _______________________________
- Question _____________________________
For Thurs., Feb. 13
Class to meet at the Mansfield Library Buckhaus Seminar Room (283), located downstairs from the main entrance/circulation.
1. Read and annotate: EAA ch. 18
2. Write: Detailed inquiry for PAE, commit to one topic
3. Research: Download Writ 101 Research Journal. Print or “Save As” (rename file).
a. Complete all parts of page 1. Continue keyword development (use a thesaurus, Wikipedia) Go to the Writ 101 LibGuide to do preliminary research. Look through “Local Resources” and links to explore your topics.
b. Bring your Research Journal to class (library, room 284)
c. Bring a copy of page 1 to turn in