1. Write: revised Reflective Intro., incorporating LPE. Put one copy in your portfolio and bring a copy to turn in.
a. Review the RI section of the Portfolio instruction sheet
b. Use placeholders for page numbers, as necessary. (Ex. : "As you will see in paragraph three on page ?")
2. Revise: all inquiry projects, including editing and proofreading (rely on human readers, not just Spellcheck).
3. Assemble: Final Portfolio, draft 1
a. Attentively, thoroughly, and carefully, read Final Portfolio instruction sheet
b. Use the Grading Rubric and the Checklist. Portfolios that do not meet all of these requirements will be graded down
c. First, assemble required artifacts that do not ask you to make a choice (reflective intro, new final inquiry projects, original final inquiry projects with my margin comments, my evaluation sheets)
d. Use your reflective intro as your guide for choosing remaining artifacts. Which artifacts will show me what you learned, as discussed in the introduction? Use the process of elimination (POE) to sort artifacts into “Yes,” “No,” and “Maybe” stacks. Refer to the invention activities and reflective intro. activities to help you make decisions.
e. Once again, refer to the list of questions on pp. 647-648
f. Decide on an organizing principle (most students organize by project, but you do not have to)
g. Write a table of contents
Bring to class to workshop:
- Copy of revised reflective intro to turn in
- Assembled portfolio draft 1 to workshop
- Ideas about what you most need help with in workshop and from me
For Thurs., May 8
Portfolios are due at the start of class, 11:10 a.m.
1. Write: Complete revision of your three inquiry projects, including editing and proofreading, formatting. Remember: at least one must be substantially revised.
a. Review my Evaluation comments and marginalia.
b. Refer to the Revision Strategies handout to experiment, fix, strengthen.
c. Refer to the revision questions at the end of EAA chapters.
d. Proofread for syntax, grammar, mechanical issues. Edit and polish.
e. Proofread for MLA style for in-text citations and Works Cited. Use the current version of MLA style as it appears in EAA. Do not use a guide from another course, online, or elsewhere. (EX: Do not include URLs in your W.C.)
2. Write: Revise your reflective introduction.
3. Assemble: Final Portfolio final draft.
a. Attentively, thoroughly, and carefully refer to the Final Portfolio instructions, Portfolio Grade Descriptors, the Final Grade Rubric, and Portfolio Checklist.
4. Don't forget to take care of yourself! Take a walk. Eat well, get some sleep. Breathe!