1. Write: LPE complete draft
a. Review the LPE Assignment Sheet carefully.
b. Prioritize. Focus first on the personal narrative: slow, densely detailed scenes of events from personal experience (ocean mode) and reflection (mountain mode). Then, use external research to help readers understand what you mean (explain your place bioregionally, give context to your story, help you make a point).
c. Bring three copies to workshop on Thursday.
For Thurs., April 17 - LPE final draft due
1. Bring to class: your working folder. We will be getting started on the Final Portfolio, and looking back across work over the semester.
2. Research: Complete additional research for the LPE as needed.
3. Write: revise your Lifeplace Essay. Review the assignment sheet. Use EAA chapter 24 for MLA citation in text and in WC. Have someone proofread. Edit and polish.
In a pocket folder, neatly include all required materials:
- Highly polished, formatted final draft
- Sketch, with my comments
- All peer worksheets and mark-ups from workshop (I evaluate workshop participation by these; if you don't turn them in, you are preventing your peers from getting the best possible participation credit)
- One additional artifact significant to your LPE process
- All research journals
- and original sources (printed or PDFs) NO LINKS or WCs
- DO NOT FORGET: Email me a PDF or Word Doc of your final draft