1. Research: Complete research needed, research counterarguments that came up today.
2. Write: Full draft of the Op-Ed
a. Review Assignment Sheet and checklist
b. Refer to Strategies in ch 14, Composition Tips for the Op-Ed and EAA pages 81 to 88
c. Double check citations in text and in WC
d. Bring FOUR printed copies to workshop, plus OWL Handout, and textbook
If you do not have the copies, you will not be able to participate in the workshop and will be asked to leave and use the time to write your draft.
For Thursday, March 20
1. Research: Complete additional research for evidence, counterarguments, etc.
2. Write: revised Op-ed.
a. Review assignment sheet carefully
b. Double check citations in text and WC
c. Have someone read, then edit
d. Include all required materials. Here is a checklist:
- Highly polished, formatted final draft
- All peer worksheets and mark-ups from workshop
- One additional artifact demonstrating an important point in your writing process
- All research journals
- Email me: PDFs or printed original sources used in the essay - NO LINKS
- Email me: a PDF or Word Doc of the final draft